Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really different...Jello powder on a baked crusty base and delicious. I used to make these for my kids all the time....like 40 years ago.
- Blend the marg., flour and brown sugar.
- Use a pastry cutter to make it easier.
- Press into a 9" square pan and bake at 350* for 15 minutes.
- For the topping -- mix the jello powder with the cold water and boil for 1 minute, cool.
- Beat the egg whites with salt until foamy.
- Add the cooled gelatin and beat until soft peaks form.
- Quickly spread over the base.
- Place in fridge to set.