Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
I love to create new surprises for our neighborhood gatherings, so this is one that I've made in the past, but the most recent that I've posted. I think that they may be made non-alcoholic by using more flattened root beer to replace the schnapps and vodka and adding a drop of vanilla extract (but I've never tried). *NOTE: Prep time includes cooling and refrigeration time. I hope you enjoy them.
- 1 (3/4 ounce) envelopeknox unflavored gelatin
- 10 ounces flattened root beer (your favorite brand)
- 1⁄2 cup root beer Schnapps (your favorite brand)
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla vodka (your favorite brand)
- real whipping cream (aerosol) (optional)
- In a small saucepan, pour in the flattened root beer and then sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the top. DO NOT STIR and DO NOT HEAT. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk pan ingredients together and place the pan over medium heat and bring to a boil while stirring frequently to make sure that the gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In the meantime, line up shot glasses on a sheet pan.
- Once cooled, add the root beer schnapps and vanilla vodka. Stir/whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mix into little, plastic shot glass cups and place sheet pan into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, until firm.
- Top each shot with just a tiny squirt of whipping cream, if desired.