Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
Strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert cake,This cake is made with a cake mix, jello and your fav in liquors, you can use any variation, here is my fav
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 teaspoons strawberry syrup, knott berry farms (if using lemon, orange, use 1 tsp of extract flavoring)
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (other flavor preferred)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- . Bake cake mix according to package directions.
- Dissolve Jello in 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup liquor.
- Let cake and Jello cool.
- Prick cake all over with a fork.
- Pour Jello mixture over cake; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Beat pudding and milk.
- Add vanilla and syrup.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread on cake and chill.
- Tried with orange jello, pineapple jello and lemon jello, using other extracts and flavorings and they all are wonderful. Also you can sub vodka, coconut rum, instead of rum.
What a great party cake, we ued vodka and orange combo it was fantastic, I also used more vodka than called for...going to try pineapple cake mix,lime jello and coc0nut rum next time...thanks for the post!!