Recipe by Capncrunch
This was a family favorite around the holidays! Christmas and Thanksgiving. Sounds strange, but tastes awesome!
Top Review by mommyoffour
What a delicious jello salad! We loved it. I did have to change in ingredient, since someone must have ate my apricots when I wasn't looking :), but I substituted peaches and it was great. You definately have to plan ahead for this jello recipe but it is worth it. I plan on taking this to my parents house for Thanksgiving this week. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. We LOVE it!!!!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packageknox gelatin
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 3⁄4 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 (20 ounce) canpeeled apricots (drain and save juice)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drain and save juice)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup juice, that was saved from apricots and pineapple
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- grated cheddar cheese, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- JELLO BASE: Di solve Knox gelatin in 1/2 cup warm water and set aside.
- Dissolve orange jello in 2 cups boiling water.
- Combine gelatin and jello, add 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows-stir until melted and set aside.
- Drain juice off apricots and pineapple (save for later in recipe) and mash apricots.
- Combined juice (except for 1 cup) and fruit fold into jello mixture.
- Pour into 9x13 baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
- NEXT MORNING: Beat egg, add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup of saved juice, and flour.
- Cook egg mixture in double boiler until thicker than pudding-cool until room temperature.
- In large bowl whip the pint of cream and add 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add to cooled egg mixture and spread over the top of jello mixture.
- Decorate with grated cheese.