Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very different from the other Jello ribbons. This is from an old Jello advertising circular. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (15 ounce) jar applesauce
- 18 double graham crackers (the big rectangles)
- 1 envelope dream whip whipped dessert topping mix or 1 envelope Cool Whip
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Place lime and raspberry flavor Jello in separate bowls; add 3/4 cup applesauce to each flavor and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Place 2 double crackers, end to end on a platter;.
- spread with 1/4 cup lime jello mixture.
- Top with a layer of crackers and spread with 1/4 cup raspberry jello mixture.
- Repeat layers ending with crackers.
- Prepare whipped topping mix as directed on package adding confectioner's sugar before beating.
- (If using Cool Whip, blend sugar in).
- Spread over top and sides of loaf.
- Chill at least 30 minutes.
i've used this same recipie for the past 6 years and its always been a great dish at family gatherings