My dad's aunt would make these for Christmas every year for him and mail them....now it's my job! If you over cook they will be hard as a rock so be careful.
- Mix all ingredients except popcorn in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook just till jello and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour over popcorn and mix well and fast.
- Wet your hands under cold water, shake it off don't dry it and work quickly forming popcorn balls.
- As you make them , wrap them in squares of wax paper.
- Re-wet your hands in between forming.
- The amount you get will depend on how big you make them -- cook time is left blank because it will vary.
Yummy popcorn balls that are quick, easy, and fun to make! I must confess that I've been making these since age twelve. And they can be made from any flavor of jello that appeals to you. A favorite is lime! Note: My recipe also calls for a full cup of sugar.
I have never had these before and wasn't that impressed with the finished product but I can see them really fun for kids to put together. It was really easy to do and the clean up wasn't bad at all. I was expecting the jello syrup to be hard to get off but it wasn't at all.
Quick to mix up, kids had fun making the balls.... We made it with WIld Berry--- not bad flavor. I can't wait to try Cherry :) Thanks for sharing.