My dad's aunt would make these for Christmas every year for him and mail them....now it's my job! If you over cook they will be hard as a rock so be careful.
- Mix all ingredients except popcorn in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook just till jello and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour over popcorn and mix well and fast.
- Wet your hands under cold water, shake it off don't dry it and work quickly forming popcorn balls.
- As you make them , wrap them in squares of wax paper.
- Re-wet your hands in between forming.
- The amount you get will depend on how big you make them -- cook time is left blank because it will vary.