Recipe by startnover
My dad's aunt would make these for Christmas every year for him and mail them....now it's my job! If you over cook they will be hard as a rock so be careful.
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
Yummy popcorn balls that are quick, easy, and fun to make! I must confess that I've been making these since age twelve. And they can be made from any flavor of jello that appeals to you. A favorite is lime! Note: My recipe also calls for a full cup of sugar.
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin (you can use any , we do it by color and season)
- 10 cups popped popcorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except popcorn in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook just till jello and sugar are dissolved.
- Pour over popcorn and mix well and fast.
- Wet your hands under cold water, shake it off don't dry it and work quickly forming popcorn balls.
- As you make them , wrap them in squares of wax paper.
- Re-wet your hands in between forming.
- The amount you get will depend on how big you make them -- cook time is left blank because it will vary.