Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a Jello recipe...much loved in my family for many years. Very moist and light tasting. Cheery presentation! You can exchange pudding and cake flavors for a different taste sensation.
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix (4 servings)
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 7 drops green food coloring
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured 10" tube bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan, finish cooling on rack. Top with glaze of icing sugar and a tablespoon or two of hot water.
This is very moist cake recipe, and my teens thought the color was pretty cool when I sliced it! I used a white cake mix and substituted vanilla for almond extract as that is what I had on hand and it turned out just fine. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! My husband, who usually has NO APPETITE when he is sick, asked me to bring the whole cake to him in bed because he loved it so much. Very easy to make, which only adds to its appeal.