Recipe by LonghornMama
This is a fun and different way to make jello for the kids.
Top Review by MuddyMommaPottery
i used sugar free jello and it worked just fine. only took about 30mins to set, sprayed the pan w/ pam and i folded the first bit and held it there a few seconds for it to stick. then they rolled right up and didn't stick to the dish at all. i only cut it into 6 pieces, 12 seemed a bit small. the kids are excited for desert now, maybe they'll actually eat their dinner w/o me having to fuss at them! i'll probably 2x or 3x the recipe next time. maybe the sugar free doesn't make quite as much? doesn't matter though, i refuse to give my kids all that extra sugar.
- 96.38 g package Jello gelatin, any flavor
- 118.29 ml warm water
- 354.88 ml miniature marshmallows or 12 large marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray an 8 or 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Mix gelatin and water in 1 1/2-2 qt microwavable bowl.
- Cook on high 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir to dissolve completely.
- Add marshmallows to gelatin.
- Microwave one minute or until marshmallows are almost melted.
- Stir until completely melted and mixture is smooth (creamy layer will float to top).
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes or until set.
- Loosen edges with knife dipped in warm water.
- Starting at one end, roll up tightly.
- With seam side down, cut into 10-12 1/2 inch slices.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.