Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A light (and lower fat) summer pie...always a hit at parties. Quick to make, but prepare for refrigeration time. Cooking time is fridge time
- 2⁄3 cup water, boiling
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free jello, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- ice cube
- 8 ounces fat-free cool whip
- 1 reduced-fat 9-inch graham cracker crust
- Stir boiling water into gelatin for at least 2 min, and completely dissolved.
- Mix cold water and ice to measure 1 cup.
- Add to gelatin, stirring until all ice melts.
- Stir in Cool Whip with wire whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate until mixture is thick and can mound well.
- Spoon into graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Such a great summertime dessert. Quick & easy & so light. I followed the recipe exactly as written & my pie turned out great. I think the pie should be left to refrigerate overnight though, & I had quite a bit of filling left, so, we saved it for an ice cream topping! I garnished with raspberries as I used raspberry jello. Great to bring to a barbecue or fish fry. (:
I made this today and it is great! I used the 2/3 cup water, but I used only 2 ice cubes and 1/3 cup cold water. It did just fine.
Great recipe. Very happy to have dessert since sugar is an issue for me. I used sugar free cool whip. So simple. Thanks.