Recipe by CrystalRN
From food and family magazine. A good cookie for the kids to make using those boxes of jello that never get made. Do not overbake!
Top Review by WhatamIgonnaeatnext?
Okay, I remember this recipe. Actually I did a search here for this because I don't have the recipe any more. I loved these. So when the post stated it was from food and family I looked it up! This is the same, there are no mistakes in it. I actually loved these and thought they were great. Thank you so much for posting this; I want to make these again. Five stars from me!
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesjell-o brand gelatin, any flavor, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Mix flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar and 1 pkg. of the dry gelatin, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended after each addition.
- SHAPE dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with bottom of clean glass.
- Sprinkle with remaining dry gelatin.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minute or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheets to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.