Recipe by Kree
This is an easy cake mix based dessert that I found while looking through my mother's recipe box. It's especially lemony if you use lemon cake mix! The prep time includes time to cool the cake before glazing.
Top Review by chia
this is very easy to put together and is a good recipe for a beginner. good to make when time is an issue since it's basically a mix. the glaze was a nice touch, i omitted the food coloring
- 1 (4 ounce) packagejello lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling or 1 (4 ounce) packagevegetarian lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 (18 ounce) package lemon cake mix (2 layer size) or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (2 layer size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon hot milk
- 3 -5 drops yellow food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients in a large mixer bowl; then beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Bake in greased and floured 10-inch bundt or tube pan at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan.
- To make glaze, gradually add hot milk and yellow food coloring to confenctioners' sugar in a bowl, blending well.
- Pour glaze onto cooled cake.