Recipe by MathMom.calif
Here's a recipe I used to make a lot for big family gatherings at Thanksgiving or Christmas. Could be served any time you want a cool, refreshing salad with the flavors of raspberries and cranberries and the creaminess of sour cream. From a church fund raiser cookbook, around 1984. Passive cooking time is a guesstimate for the chilling time required. (It's been a long time since I made this...)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 pints sour cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cherry gelatin with 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir until well dissolved.
- Add cranberry sauce and pineapple. Stir. Pour mixture into a 13 by 9 pan. Chill until firm.
- Spread sour cream over the hardened gelatin.
- Mix raspberry gelatin with remaining boiling water (1 1/2 cups). Add thawed raspberries. Chill until partially set. Then pour over sour cream layer and chill until firm.