Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
An easy, great looking and tasting pie. It looks like an odd combination but it really is very good! This is a recipe from Kraft. I use sugar free jello and usually omit the drizzled chocolate, which lowers the carbs for diabetics.
Top Review by Vinomama
I made this for my diabetic husband with the following changes. I used a premade pie crust. Added 1 tsp mint flavoring and some green food coloring. I omitted the chocolate syrup and crushed one chocolate cookie into crumbs and sprinkled on the top. You could also use the sugar free Hershey's chocolate syrup for the top. I also increased whipped topping to 2 cups. I froze our pie. We all liked it!
- 1 1⁄4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free lime gelatin, powder
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract or 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free or 1 cup other whipped topping
- 1 ounce baking chocolate, melted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the Oreo baking crumbs with the margarine; press on bottom of 9" pie plate.
- Dissolve lime jelly powder in boiling water; add the cold water and mint extract; chill until slightly thickened.
- Gently fold in whipped topping to jelly mixture; slowly pour into prepared crust; drizzle with melted bakers chocolate squares, if desired.