Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a great recipe to serve with Thanksgiving dinner.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages black cherry Jell-O
- 3 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add crushed pineapple and stir.
- Pour into tupperware jello ring.
- Refrigerate til set.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream and sugar.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread over jello while still in jello ring.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving turn jello ring over onto plate.
Love these flavors but we consider this a dessert. I do know that it is always referred to (and other similar ones) as salads, but it does make a wonderful dessert after a big meal. Try it.
Thanks for posting, nmomsmemory. Enjoyed by all. As Sydney Mike said, brought back some warm memories of days gone by. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.
Very nice tasting & easy to make! As you probably realize, it brought back pleasant recollections of when I was a kid ~ my mom made something very similar! Thanks for the post!