Recipe by Chef Roly-Poly
I don't remember who gave me this recipe, but I've been making it for gatherings for quite a long time and everyone seems to love it. So I thought I would share it, it's pretty easy.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces Duncan Hines orange supreme cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange Jell-O
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake the cake according to pkg. directions. Do not overbake !
- Cool cake slightly on cooling rack. Meanwhile prepare.
- jello according to pkg. directions. Poke holes all over cake with.
- a wooden skewer or a fork. Pour liquid jello mixture over cake and.
- allow to soak into cake. Chill.
- Cream together, butter and cream cheese. Add confectioners sugar a little at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add orange extract and mix well. Frost cake and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.