Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy, beautiful pie from the Jello company. Cooking time listed is chilling time.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package lemon pudding mix (Cook and Serve, not instant)
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Bacardi light rum
- 1 3⁄4 cups Cool Whip
- 9 inches graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 lime, very thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Combine pudding mix, gelatin and sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the water and the eggs; blend well.
- Add remaining water and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in rum.
- Thoroughly blend whipped topping into chilled mixture.
- Spoon into pie crust and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and very thin lime slices, if desired.
Followed the recipe exactly but I ended up with too much filling that never firmed up. The only reason I could think of is I used instant pudding instead of the cooked type but the recipe does not specify that. Disappointed because the filling tasted good and would have made a nice pie. I may try it again with cooked pudding just to see if that was the problem.