Recipe by Rita~
Thanks to Jello, Cool Whip,Box instant pudding, &box cake this is so easy. Great for pot luck!
Top Review by Hannah Petertil
Surprisingly good and out-of-control easy, I made this cake after one of my co-workers couldn't stop raving about how amazing Jell-O cake is. Naturally, I took it upon myself to try. He swore pudding shouldn't be used, so I left it out, but other users seemed to love that addition. I also used a whipped cream cheese frosting for the topping (recipe # 187817) and they went together SO well. I'd make this cake again and I'd definitely recommend cherry Jell-O.
- 510.29 g white cake mix (Duncan Hines brand preferred)
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 85.04 g box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (or any flavor)
- 414.03 ml boiling water
- 99.22 g box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 Cool Whip
- fresh strawberry, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake cake according to package directions in 13 x 9 pan (use all egg whites).
- Cool awhile.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Poke holes all over cake with large utility fork.
- Spoon jello evenly over cake.
- Refrigerate at least a couple of hours.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package for pudding.
- Chill awhile.
- Spread pudding evenly over cake.
- Spread Cool Whip over top of cake and garnish with strawberries.