Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Thanks to Jello, Cool Whip,Box instant pudding, &box cake this is so easy. Great for pot luck!
- 18 ounces white cake mix (Duncan Hines brand preferred)
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (or any flavor)
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 Cool Whip
- fresh strawberry, garnish
- Bake cake according to package directions in 13 x 9 pan (use all egg whites).
- Cool awhile.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Poke holes all over cake with large utility fork.
- Spoon jello evenly over cake.
- Refrigerate at least a couple of hours.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package for pudding.
- Chill awhile.
- Spread pudding evenly over cake.
- Spread Cool Whip over top of cake and garnish with strawberries.
Surprisingly good and out-of-control easy, I made this cake after one of my co-workers couldn't stop raving about how amazing Jell-O cake is. Naturally, I took it upon myself to try. He swore pudding shouldn't be used, so I left it out, but other users seemed to love that addition. I also used a whipped cream cheese frosting for the topping (recipe # 187817) and they went together SO well. I'd make this cake again and I'd definitely recommend cherry Jell-O.
I made this with some modifications: Used a bigger pan, 15x10; and instead of two separate toppings of pudding and cool whip I followed the directions on the pudding box to make "Angel Lush". And then spead that on top of the cake. Simple and DELICIOUS!!!
This was delicious! I added too much jello though which is not your fault at all just because i didn't read the directions right. It would have been better with less jello like you have posted in the recipe but it was still very very good. I used cherry jello instead of strawberry. I will be making this again but next time I will follow the directions. Thank you for a great recipe!