Recipe by lesliel8
From my mother's collection of recipes. When I was little this was our favourite hot-weather food. I stil make it as a special treat.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans salmon (7 1/2 ounce size)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green relish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle gelatin on cold water and let soften 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in salt, lemon juice and liquid from salmon. Cool.
- Chop celery, parsley and chives nice and fine.
- Remove skin and large bones from salmon, and break it up with a fork.
- Combine cottage cheese with green relish, mayonnaise, celery, parsley and chives.
- Stir in gelatin mixture.
- Fold in salmon.
- Pour into loaf pan, salad bowl, or ring mold. Chill until firm. (1½ to 2 hours).