Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A light, easy to prepare, milk dish. Can be picked up and eaten from the fingers.
- Sprinkle the gelatine on to 4 tablespoons of the milk in a cup.
- Leave stand for 5 minutes.
- Then stand the cup in a hot water and stir the gelatine until it dissolves completely.
- Warm the remaining milk, stir in the gelatine and sugar.
- Simmer (DO NOT BOIL) for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat, stir in the rosewater and pour into a shallow baking dish (about 7" square) which has been freshly rinsed in cold water (do not dry).
- Allow to set firmly in a cool place before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.
- Arrange in a regular pattern or stack as a pyramid on a flat plate ready for the table.
This is really lovely! I added 1/4 teaspoon cardamom which improves the rose flavor well. As I used rice milk, which is quite watery, I also added 1 tablespoon smooth almond butter. This will be a keeper! Thanks for posting. Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
A simple, healthy snack or dessert, great for kids. Flavour wasn't too strong. I may try it with strawberry or coconut flavouring instead of the rose water next time. Will definitely make again!