2 hrs 10 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
For anyone who'd like a change from the usual cranberry sauce, this recipe may just be what you've been looking for. It's a tangy-sweet relish just brimming with beautiful ruby-red beets, celery, onions and, of course, cranberries.Serve it with roast turkey or roast goose. This relish may be made up to 24 hours before serving. <<Cooking time is refrigeration time.>> The recipe comes from The Canadian Living Christmas Book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cranberries, water and 1/4 cup orange juice in a saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook for about 4 minutes or until cranberries pop and soften.
- 3While cranberries are cooking, sprinkle gelatin over remaining orange juice then allow to stand for 1 minute to soften.
- 4Add gelatin/orange mixture and sugar to cranberry mixture, stirring until gelatin dissolves.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 6Pour into rinsed but not dried 4 cup mould or deep bowl.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (and up to 24 hours) or until set.
- 8To unmould, dip into hot water for about 20 seconds, then invert onto serving plate.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jellied Cranberry Beet Relish
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g