Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A terrific, refreshing starter for a hot-climate meal. From the Wisconsin Dutch chapter of the Untied States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- Soften gelatin in water for five minutes.
- Add to hot stock and stir until dissolved.
- Season to taste with salt and add parsley.
- When firm, cut in cubes or beat slightly with a fork.
- Serve in cold martini glasses.
Made this with some homemade chicken stock, & although initially we weren't sure about it (something very different for us), we realized just how interesting & enjoyable this could be, so I'm gonna keep hold of this one, too! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the US Regional Alphabet Tag ~ Midwest & Heartland]