Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I must confess that I am not fond of jellied salads but I do make them for a friend that loves them and I will say they look attractive on the table besides all that just look at the fat content and the calories in this salad. Preparation time does not include 3 hours to set.
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 tablespoons fat-free French dressing
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- lettuce leaf (to garnish)
- In an 8 x8" dish mix the gelatin with the cup of hot water, stir until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
- Srir in the cup of cold water, add cabbage, parsley& carrots.
- Stir to combine evenly.
- Refrigerate covered until set about 3 hours Mix together the mayo& French dressing, spread over the top of the set jelly salad.
- Refrigerate until you serve it.
- Place individual servings of salad on lettuce leaves and serve.