Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
This is a little different salad..I guarantee you will get requests for this one..even people in my family who are not fond of beets go for this!!
- 3 ounces sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground horseradish
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup beet juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced beets
- Mix gelatin and boiling water and stir till gelatin is dissolved.
- Add all other ingredients except beets and chill till slightly thickened.
- Fold in beets and spoon mixture into a lightly oiled mold.
- Chill thoroughly.
- At serving time, turn onto a chilled plate.and serve with a sauce of equal parts of mayonnaise and sour cream or yogurt.
- NOTE***I use reduced fat products in this.