This topping is a luscious congealed coating over a layer of fresh stand-up strawberries.
Make and share this Jelled Strawberry Topping for Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse strawberries under cool water and let drain on paper towels, with paper towels over top of them also.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch, add water and cook over medium heat until thick and clear.
- Add strawberry gelatin and stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, cut tops off the strawberries and place cut side down onto cheesecake THAT IS STILL IN THE SPRINGFORM PAN. Start in center and spiral out to edges. (Note: If you have a store bought cheesecake, you can carefully wrap parchment paper then plastic wrap around it to create a 'wall' above the cheesecake to hold the gel in til firmed up).
- When gelatin has cooled to almost room temperature, gently pour it over the strawberries, being sure to cover the entire top of strawberries and cake. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Loosen cake with a knife between the cake and the pan. unlock the pan (or carefully peel off the plastic wrap and parchment paper).