1/9 Photos of Jelled Strawberry Topping for Cheesecake
This topping is a luscious congealed coating over a layer of fresh stand-up strawberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse strawberries under cool water and let drain on paper towels, with paper towels over top of them also.
- 2In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch, add water and cook over medium heat until thick and clear.
- 3Add strawberry gelatin and stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool down.
- 4Meanwhile, cut tops off the strawberries and place cut side down onto cheesecake THAT IS STILL IN THE SPRINGFORM PAN. Start in center and spiral out to edges. (Note: If you have a store bought cheesecake, you can carefully wrap parchment paper then plastic wrap around it to create a 'wall' above the cheesecake to hold the gel in til firmed up).
- 5When gelatin has cooled to almost room temperature, gently pour it over the strawberries, being sure to cover the entire top of strawberries and cake. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- 6Loosen cake with a knife between the cake and the pan. unlock the pan (or carefully peel off the plastic wrap and parchment paper).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jelled Strawberry Topping for Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (1120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 889.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 222.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 196.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: