Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a cool and creamy Jello desert. My family always enjoys this salad after Thanksgiving dinner. It is so refreshing after a big meal.
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 medium banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Slice the banana as thin as possible and layer them into the bottom of an 8x8 glass pan.
- Prepare jello according to the directions on the box.
- Slowly pour the jello into the glass pan as not to disturb the bananas and place jello in the fridge for 15 minutes or until just chilled but not set.
- Remove the cream cheese from the fridge to soften.
- Drain the juice from the can of pineapple. Extract as much as possible and reserve the juice.
- Pour the juice into a small sauce pan, add the egg and the sugar. Stir until mixed.
- Remove the jello from the fridge, stir in the drained crushed pineapple and the pecans. Evenly distribute the marshmallows across the top of the jello mixture.
- Return the jello to the fridge.
- Heat the pineapple juice and egg mixture on medium-low while stirring, until it comes to a boil.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the cubed cream cheese. Beat with an immersion blender or whisk until the mixture is smooth. Cool at room temperature until the jello has set.
- Once the jello has set, spread the cooled cream cheese mixture over the jello and sprinkle the top with the shredded coconut.
- Return the jello to the fridge and allow the topping to set up for at least 1 hour.
- Cut the salad into squares and remove slices with a spatula.