1/1 Photo of Jell-O Ribbon Salad
2 hrs 15 mins
Mary Scheffert's Note:
This is the original Jell-O Ribbon Salad, as published in the Joys of Jell-O recipe book that my mom has had--probably since the 1950's. The holidays & other special occasions just wouldn't be the same without this dish on the table!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (or diced large marshmallows)
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 (20 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1Dissolve gelatin flavors separately, using 1 C boiling water for each.
- 2Stir marshmallows into lemon gelatin; set aside.
- 3Add 3/4C cold water to lime gelatin; pour into a 13x9x2 pan.
- 4Chill until set, but not firm.
- 5Add 3/4C cold water to raspberry gelatin; set aside at room temperature.
- 6Add cream cheese to lemon/marshmallow mixture; beat until blended.
- 7Chill until slightly thickened.
- 8Then blend in mayonnaise, whipped cream& crushed pineapple.
- 9Chill until very thick; spoon gently over lime gelatin.
- 10Chill until set, but not firm.
- 11Meanwhile, chill raspberry gelatin until thickened; pour over lemon gelatin.
- 12Chill until firm.
- 13To serve, cut into squares.
- 14*Note:if deeper green& red layers are desired, use 6oz packages of lime& raspberry gelatins, 2C boiling water and 1-1/2C cold water for each large package.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jell-O Ribbon Salad
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 227.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g