Recipe by Roosie
Posted by request. Prep time does not include cooling or defrosting and all times are estimates.
Top Review by Tamaretta
I have fond memories of my aunt making this with apricot jello and ginger ale; we were all blown away that she used a WHOLE container of almond extract, but the end taste made us forget!!! My store didn't have apricot jello, so I used peach. This was very tasty, thanks for posting and bringing back great memories! I didn't need the whole amount at once so I also froze some of this in those Ziploc/Glad plastic bowls (14 oz) and I used two per a 2 qt pitcher with some club soda and ginger ale (some of my guest thought the first batch with just ginger ale was too sweet). Thanks again!
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups hot water
- 9 cups cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) boxjell-o gelatin, plus
- 1 (6 ounce) boxjell-o gelatin
- 1 ounce almond extract
- 2 (36 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 3 (2 liter) bottles Sprite or 3 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine hot water, sugar and jell-o, stirring until dissolved.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Combine cold water, almond extract, pineapple and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir in cooled jell-o mixture.
- Freeze until about 3 hours before serving.
- To serve chop up partially defrosted mixture and combine punch with chilled soda or gingerale in a large punch bowl.