Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is fast and easy to make and very good. It comes from a booklet I picked up at the grocery store--it's from Kraft
- 1 (30 g) packagejello fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (250 g) package light cream cheese, soften
- 1 1⁄2 cups cool whip light whipped topping
- 3⁄4 cup maxwell house brewed coffee
- 6 ladyfingers, chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce bakers unsweetened chocolate, grated
- Prepare pudding according to box direction.
- Beat in cream cheese.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Line bottom of 6 glass mugs or parfait glasses with 1 lady finger each.
- Sprinkle coffee over lady fingers.
- Top with 1/2 pudding and sprinkle with half grated chocolate.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight to blend flavours.
I gave this recipe 4 stars. I made this for Cameraless Chef 2008. I loved this tiramisu. While my family hasn't tried it yet I thought it was so yummy. I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I used fat/sugar free vanilla pudding, sugar free cool whip (1 gram fat), folgers brewed coffee, the whole package ladyfingers and a hershey's candy bar. I prepared the pudding, cream cheese, cool whip mix as directed. At this point I lined a big pan with one 1/2 of the lady finger and soaked the fingers with coffee. I then topped with pudding and sprinkled with grated hershey bar. Then lined the pudding with the other half of the ladyfinger and repeated the process. I did use the whole package of lady fingers. Preparing the dessert this way I can have a little each day. While I loved this dessert I agree the filling is alot but overall this is such a yummy dessert. I would make this again for sure. Thanks for posting a yummy recipe. Christine (internetnut)
I expected this to taste like a mock Tiramisu, but I didn't feel that at all :( Sorry. Taste was nice and presentation was lovely, but I really thought I would get that hint of Tiramisu, I didn't. It tasted very cream-cheese-pudding-y. Also, step 5 uses the term sprinkle for the brewed coffee, which I found odd, thinking I should be using unbrewed instant coffee. A bit confusing. I "splashed" some coffee instead. Made for Beverage Tag
Lovely light dessert, we enjoyed it very much. I made this yesterday morning and we had it for dessert last night. Very easy to make, relatively low in sugar and tastes great. Thanks for posting.