Recipe by tootyflooty
A tasty Jell-O, fruit, and juice combination. If you are watching your calorie or sugar intake, you may substitute light COOL WHIP and/or sugar-free Jell-O. Prep time does not include refrigeration.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- ice cube
- 1 cup cold orange juice
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed,divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, add boiling water to gelatin and stir least 2 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add enough ice to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups.
- Add juice and ice to gelatin.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened (about 30 minutes).
- Remove 1-1/2 cups of gelatin to a small bowl; stir in fruit cocktail.
- Whisk 1/2 (4 oz.) of the COOL Whip into remaining gelatin until well blended.
- Pour into 8-inch square dish.
- Refrigerate until set but not firm (about 10 minutes).
- Carefully spoon fruit cocktail mixture over bottom layer.
- Refrigerate until firm (approximately 3 hours) Cut into squares.
- Use remaining whipped topping for garnish.