Recipe by Small Town Cook
This is so good and easy! If you have a pretty glass dish, it will really show the pretty layers. Preparation time includes 2 hours refrigeration.
Top Review by HokiesMom
We really enjoyed the blend of flavors in this Jello recipe. I did not have strawberries to use on top so I just used some extra mandarin oranges. Very refreshing and pretty in a glass dish. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game May 2008
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3 cups water, boiling
- 4 cups whipped topping, frozen
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges (optional)
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 2 cups whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl add boiling water to jello. Stir until jello is completely dissolved.
- Add 4 cups FROZEN whipped topping. With whisk mix until topping is dissolved.
- Add mandarin oranges.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Layer sliced strawberries on top.
- Spread 2 cups thawed whipped topping on top of strawberries.
- Garnish with extra strawberry slices and mandarin oranges, if desired.
- ****Do NOT add oranges before adding and dissolving frozen topping! The oranges will be mashed up and you won't even know they are there.****.