Recipe by Barbs Miller
This salad is a MUST at our holiday table...maybe it will be at yours too! To speed the jelly stage along, I place the bowl in the freezer, but watch it closely. If it goes past the jelly stage, put it in the microwave for a few seconds to loosen it. This is GREAT for potlucks too!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (1 large) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup drained pineapple juice
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain Pineapple.
- Bring Pineapple juice to a boil (add water if needed to make 1 cup).
- Add Jell-o, mix well to dissolve.
- Set in refrigerator just to jelly stage.
- Beat in softened Cream Cheese until all large lumps are gone (color should be light green).
- Stir in Pineapple, Celery& Walnuts, mix well.
- Fold in Cool Whip until well blended.
- Pour into a mold, individual molds or pretty bowl.
- Chill to set.