Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A flashback to the old favorite layered JELL-O dessert. Forget all the blender and ice cube versions! Here is the simplest way to have fun with your JELL-O! ENJOY!
- 1 (3 ounce) boxany flavor Jello gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) containerof frozen Cool Whip
- Stir boiling water into JELL-O in a bowl until dissolved.
- Add 2/3 of frozen COOL WHIP to same bowl one spoonful at a time, whisking until it is melted and blended.
- Pour into small clear drinking glasses.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours, until set.
- Top layered dessert with remaining whipped topping and ENJOY!
I wasn't overly impressed with this, but my 3 year old loved it. I thought the middle layer was a bit grainy textured - maybe it was my imagination but my husband thought so too. I don't know why that would be since the Jello was well dissolved when I added the Cool Whip. In any case, it's not my favorite way to eat Jello but I will make it again since my 3 year old loves it, and it's easy and fun for him to help me make.
I love this dessert and it is a kid favorite. I love that it is so easy, too.
Worked (made 2 layers though, not 3) with regular Jell-o and cool whip, but not at all with sugar-free jello and sugar-free cool whip (no layers at all!). Maybe the problem was the cool whip, since another reviewer used sugar-free Jell-o successfully.