Recipe by Big King
Sugar Free Wild & Tame Berry Pie
Top Review by MiMadre'
this is a definite repeat winner! I couldn't find the shimmering wild berry jello, so I used the sugar free-mixed fruit flavor. Also I unfortunately got my measurements mixed up and added 1 pound of frozed mixed berries instead of 1 pint. I had a major overflow in the regular size pie crust. I just scooped out the extra and saved it as a treat for me. It was so good that next time I think I'll use the pound bag of fruit and just use a deep-dish pie crust. It was a major hit with both my diabetic husband and diabetic friend. Thanks, I have found a no-fail recipe that gets rave results.
- 1 bakeable frozen pie shell
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packagejello shimmering wild berry sugar-free gelatin mix
- 1 pint mixed berry (frozen or fresh)
- 12 ounces diet Sprite
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake and cool pie shells according to directions on the pie shell packaging.
- Bring soda and cornstarch to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Jello and stir to dissolve.
- Add berries to mixture and stir until all the berries are coated.
- Fill pie shell and pour remaining juice over pie.
- Refrigerate until pie is set, about 2 - 1/2 hours.
- Top with conservative amount of Cool Whip if you like.