Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hot, Spicy, and Yummy... hot hot hot... a stew he is famous for.
Make and share this Jeff's Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sausage (smoked, or kielbasa, andouille sausage is best)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken (skinned)
- 1 lb shrimp (fresh, shelled)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery (chopped)
- 10 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes (Ro-tel with chilies)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste Crystal is the best)
- 2 cups rice (long grain)
- Slice kielbasa into bite sized pieces and brown in oven (to reduce fat).
- Saute onions, pepper, celery, and garlic in part of the olive oil (in heavy pot) about 7 minutes, when done, set aside in prep bowl.
- Add rest of olive oil to pot and saute chicken until golden and done, then add kielbasa.
- Return onions, pepper, celery and garlic to pot.
- Add spices, tomatoes, paste, and hot sauce, and cook on medium for about 10 minutes.
- Add rice, and 4 cups water, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, longer, if you wish.
- Add shrimp, and cook another 5 minutes or until shrimp just turn pink.
- Serve with hot crusty French bread.