1/2 Photos of Jeffs Epic Homemade Pizza Dough
2 hrs 20 mins
krazy chef 123's Note:
This is the best pizza dough ever! Remember to oil the pizza pan when you put the dough on to prevent sticking and make the bottom golden brown and slightly crunchy, enough that its not soggy. No need to pre-bake this crust! The prep time includes assembling the pizza.
My Private Note
12" piz ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl (I used a measuring cup), combine the WARM water (not too hot or you'll kill the yeast), sugar and yeast until dissolved. Leave for 5 - 10 minutes until the yeast activates and the mixture develops a layer of froth on the surface.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the sea salt and flour and make a well in the center. Add the yeast and olive oil. Mix together with a fork or wooden spoon, and then use your hands until the dough comes together.
- 3Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth, shiny and elastic (about 5 - 10 minutes) or allow the kitchen aid to do this. If the dough is too sticky or soft, add a little extra flour or if it's too dry and crumbly, add a little water.
- 4Shape the dough into a round ball and place in a large, oiled bowl. Cover with a damp cloth for roughly 45 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- 5Punch down the dough to remove the air and place it on a lightly floured work surface. Divide in 2 and shape each piece into round disks (this step requires common sense, meaning if you want small 6" pizzas or if you scale the recipe for more people you will need to divide the dough into more balls).
- 6Place the dough balls on a sheet of parchment. Cover with a light coating of oil and let them rise again, for about 20 minutes.
- 7Dough is now ready to add whatever toppings you like bake in a 400°F oven for approximately 15 to 20 minutes (less or more time as required). Keep an eye on it until the cheese browns and the crust looks done to your liking.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jeffs Epic Homemade Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 587.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 14.1 g