Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are easy and taste so good; these aren't like those bland burgers that require tons of topping to cover up the taste.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 large onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Sauté finely chopped onions on low flame (if you do this step too quickly by using a higher flame your onions will not become tender) with several tablespoons of oil until nicely browned and caramelized (soft but don't over brown).
- In a large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients with the caramelized onions.
- Cook the burgers on a medium flame in a frying pan or barbecue until nicely browned.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, sliced dill pickles, as you like. Enjoy!
Excellent mix of flavors in this burger. Only made two but was great with corn on the cob.
These burgers were so yummy. Thanks scancan :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
A great tasting easy recipe. It's essential to caramalise those onions though!