- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 large onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté finely chopped onions on low flame (if you do this step too quickly by using a higher flame your onions will not become tender) with several tablespoons of oil until nicely browned and caramelized (soft but don't over brown).
- In a large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients with the caramelized onions.
- Cook the burgers on a medium flame in a frying pan or barbecue until nicely browned.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, sliced dill pickles, as you like. Enjoy!