Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is really rich and tasty. It came from Looking Good Now! magazine
Make and share this Jeffersonian Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 lb round steak, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 lb red potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large carrots, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Blend the flour, pepper, and bouillon granules in a plastic bag; add the meat and shake until well coated.
- Heat the oil in a heavy 3-qt dutch oven over med-high heat and brown the meat on all sides, 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, stir, and simmer gently an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.