Recipe by Teffy
Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Denny from Grey's Anatomy) is a fantastic cook and was on Rachael Ray's show. He talked about a pinwheel steak that he makes and RR invented a burger version! This is my take on it using ground turkey and turkey bacon It's delicious!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small red onion (chopped finely)
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 4 spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 kaiser rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cumin, chili powder, garlic to ground turkey. Mix and put in fridge.
- In a small pan, cook the bacon and set aside. In the same pan add onion and cook until translucent, then add brown sugar. When the brown sugar is caramelized over the onions add tomato sauce and simmer on low heat until thickens up.
- In a larger pan, form the ground turkey into patties and cook until done all the way through.
- Wilt spinach leaves in the large pan after the burgers are done (only takes a few seconds).
- Toast kaiser rolls.
- Build the burgers like this. Bottom bun, burger, cheese, bacon, sauce, spinach leaf, top bun.