1/2 Photos of Jeera Rice
This is a typical recipe from the Punjabi region in northern India. The recipe itself is from Indianrecipesforever.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the rice and soak in water for half an hour.
- 2Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan, add cashew nuts. Fry until brown. Take them out and keep aside. Add onions, bayleafs, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, peppercorns to the same ghee and fry for a while.
- 3Add the rice , salt, water and stir. Cover with a lid and simmer the flame.
- 4Cook until the rice is done.
- 5Serve jeera rice hot, topped with the cashew nuts, with any spicy curry or raita.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jeera Rice
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 33.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: