Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A deliciously different appetizer from the Cafe Spice Namaste restaurant in London.
- 8 ounces boneless chicken, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, roasted and lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh coriander
- ----Toroast cumin or coriander seeds----.
- Put the seeds in a heavy based frying pan and set the pan over a low heat.
- Keep shaking the pan until the seeds are well roasted but not burned.
- Crush them lightly in a mortar and pestle.
- (Or non-purists may pulverize them in a food processor!).
- They keep very well in a tightly sealed jar and can be used in many dishes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the lemon juice and some salt.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan until it almost reaches smoking point, then put in the chicken and crushed cumin.
- Keep the heat high and swirl the chicken around, but not too often.
- This cools the pan down a little and allows moisture from the chicken to escape.
- Toss for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, then taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Very tasty and it was so easy to make! I doubled the recipe and it worked out really well.