Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my husband's easy Rocky Mountain chili recipe. We usually make it with ground elk, but I've also used ground beef and ground turkey and both are great. It is super quick and easy with most ingredients coming right out of a can. It can also be put in a crockpot on low all day.
- 2 lbs ground elk or 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canmexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Brown the meat and onion. Drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, at least 1 hour, best after 3 hours.
- You may simmer uncovered or add water to reach desired thickness.
- Serve with cubed cheddar cheese and crescent rolls.