1 hr 15 mins
Shana C's Note:
This is my husband's easy Rocky Mountain chili recipe. We usually make it with ground elk, but I've also used ground beef and ground turkey and both are great. It is super quick and easy with most ingredients coming right out of a can. It can also be put in a crockpot on low all day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground elk or 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Brown the meat and onion. Drain.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, at least 1 hour, best after 3 hours.
- 3You may simmer uncovered or add water to reach desired thickness.
- 4Serve with cubed cheddar cheese and crescent rolls.
Browse Our Top Elk Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jed's Elk Chili
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 1628.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 33.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: