Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Western Omelet made in a crock pot. My MIL gave this recipe to me over the holiday. I haven't tried it yet. I am guessing this serves 4-6 people.
- 32 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb cooked bacon, diced or 1 lb cooked ham
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper (I'll probably add more)
- Place a layer of potatoes on bottom of crock pot.
- Top with a layer of bacon, then onion, bell pepper, then cheese.
- Repeat 2-3 times ending with cheese on top.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture on top of the mixture in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.
This was good and easy to make. I used bacon bits and frozen onions and peppers. I followed the rest of the recipe as written other then I didn't cook it as long. Mine was done in less then 7 hours on low.