Recipe by Bergy
My friend Ted is a gourmet cook and he sent me this wonderful recipe. It is easy to make and tastes divine. Leave out the shrimp if you wish and just have it as a salmon bisque Serve with a nice crisp roll on the side
Top Review by Evie*
Lovely soup Bergy! I used dried dill and about 300 graams of frozen shrimp. I had been lucky enough to receive a tin of red salmon in a food swap and it was used for this yummy soup. Nice consistency and I will make it again.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups whole milk or 4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can salmon, drained, skinned and deboned
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (frozen or fresh but not canned)
- 8 slices fresh lemon, thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion& celery in the butter until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the flour, dill, salt, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
- Add milk, stir until mixed well, cook until thickened.
- Flake the salmon and stir into the bisque, add shrimp.
- Heat through.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with two slices of lemon floating on top.