Recipe by Sage
It’s a creamy tasty risotto; do try the mushroom;it's also fantastic! I used fresh herbs! please cut down the amounts to 1/2 tsp when using dry herbs.This recipe is from my son who is a chef. He slowly made it in front of me so I could write it down;it is one of my very favourite things to indulge in!
Top Review by realbirdlady
A nice comfortable rice dish. The texture is creamy, even without the added butter. I would use less onion and more herbs next time, but that's all personal taste. The preparation instructions are good for a novice risotto maker.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In olive oil sweat onions, shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Add fresh herbs and rice.Cut down to 1/2 tsp each of using dry herbs.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until rice begins to stick.
- Deglaze with 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth.
- Gradually add 2 Cups of chicken broth stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat while rice is still al dente.*
- It is best served when the rice is a bit crunchy.
- Add parmesan cheese and butter. Serve immediately.
- Mushroom Risotto:.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms of your choice to the onions.
- Use red wine instead of the white.