1/3 Photos of Jean's Risotto Plus
It’s a creamy tasty risotto; do try the mushroom;it's also fantastic! I used fresh herbs! please cut down the amounts to 1/2 tsp when using dry herbs.This recipe is from my son who is a chef. He slowly made it in front of me so I could write it down;it is one of my very favourite things to indulge in!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1In olive oil sweat onions, shallots and garlic until translucent.
- 2Add fresh herbs and rice.Cut down to 1/2 tsp each of using dry herbs.
- 3Cook 4-5 minutes until rice begins to stick.
- 4Deglaze with 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth.
- 5Gradually add 2 Cups of chicken broth stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat while rice is still al dente.*
- 7It is best served when the rice is a bit crunchy.
- 8Add parmesan cheese and butter. Serve immediately.
- 9Mushroom Risotto:.
- 10Add 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms of your choice to the onions.
- 11Use red wine instead of the white.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jean's Risotto Plus
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.5
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 813.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.7 g