Recipe by William Blake
This recipe is a variation of a recipe in a local grocery flier, it is very tasty and filling, high in fibre.
Top Review by LainieBug
This is a very good base for making chili and I really liked the addition of the green pepper and two types of beans. I used crushed tomatoes instead of diced as a personal preference. To be fair, I initially followed the recipe as written but found it to be bland. I then added chili powder, cumin and additional garlic to jazz it up.
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 small green pepper