Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Absolutely amazing, this recipe was passed on to me by a dear friend many years ago. Good any time, it has been a tradition to serve it on our holiday dessert table. Very quick and easy to make, this is one the kids will gladly help with!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup margarine
- 3 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, real
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt 1 cup of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) and the margarine. Mix well, stirring in the icing sugar.
- Spread into a square or small rectangular pan and refrigerate about 10 minutes.
- Melt together the 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter and the chocolate chips, mixing well, then pouring the melted mixture over the cooled base.
- Place in the refrigerator til set, about an hour. Cut into squares or diamonds and enjoy!
- NOTE: Decorate the tops with a whole peanut in the center or dust lightly with (confectioners)icing sugar if desired.
My son is a peanut butter cup fan and he loved these! They are so easy to make it's almost ridiculous. The bars set up quite soft and need to be kept refrigerated. Try these, you will love them. Made for Pick a Chef 2011 event. Thx Sharflan!
After making these little tasties, I shared them with a friend of mine who is nuts about those really awful PB cups, & guess what? He grudgingly admitted that these were much better tasting, by far! Thank you so much for a great treat & a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]