Absolutely amazing, this recipe was passed on to me by a dear friend many years ago. Good any time, it has been a tradition to serve it on our holiday dessert table. Very quick and easy to make, this is one the kids will gladly help with!
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt 1 cup of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy) and the margarine. Mix well, stirring in the icing sugar.
- Spread into a square or small rectangular pan and refrigerate about 10 minutes.
- Melt together the 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter and the chocolate chips, mixing well, then pouring the melted mixture over the cooled base.
- Place in the refrigerator til set, about an hour. Cut into squares or diamonds and enjoy!
- NOTE: Decorate the tops with a whole peanut in the center or dust lightly with (confectioners)icing sugar if desired.