9 hrs 30 mins
Debby H's Note:
My first mother-in-law always had the most interesting recipes and could feed a crowd on a dime. This is one of my favorites. It is a sandwich that doesn't leave you hungry and would go great with a hearty mug of beer. If you don't have a grinder attachment for your mixer, this is a good reason to buy one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the first six ingredients together, into a large bowl.
- 2Melt the butter and mix into the ground ingredients.
- 3Mix thoroughly.
- 4Cut slice from top of roll set top aside.
- 5Pull out the insides of the roll and save for another recipe.
- 6Fill each of the hollowed out rolls with the ground mixture and top with the roll slice.
- 7Wrap each of the rolls individually in a piece of wax paper.
- 8Refrigerate overnight.
- 9Warm the rolls (still in the wax paper) in the oven at 300 degrees.
- 10Depending upon where you put the rolls in the oven will determine how long to heat.
- 11I usually keep them in about 25- 30 until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jean's Munchies
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 1075.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 18.5 g