Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
My first mother-in-law always had the most interesting recipes and could feed a crowd on a dime. This is one of my favorites. It is a sandwich that doesn't leave you hungry and would go great with a hearty mug of beer. If you don't have a grinder attachment for your mixer, this is a good reason to buy one.
- Grind the first six ingredients together, into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and mix into the ground ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cut slice from top of roll set top aside.
- Pull out the insides of the roll and save for another recipe.
- Fill each of the hollowed out rolls with the ground mixture and top with the roll slice.
- Wrap each of the rolls individually in a piece of wax paper.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Warm the rolls (still in the wax paper) in the oven at 300 degrees.
- Depending upon where you put the rolls in the oven will determine how long to heat.
- I usually keep them in about 25- 30 until the cheese is melted.