Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This meatloaf has a wonderful sweet taste. It goes great with macaroni and cheese.
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely crushed saltine
- 2 lbs chopped lean meat
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, vinegar and mustard.
- Pour half into a large bowl.
- Add egg, salt, pepper and crackers to large bowl; mix well.
- Add meat and onion; mix well.
- Shape into a loaf and put into a oblong baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over it and bake for 1 hour.